Fix “Allow Instagram to access your camera and microphone”
Wondering How to Fix Allow Instagram to Access Your Camera And Microphone, How do I Resolve the problem of access on my Instagram account –
Are you getting an “Allow Instagram to access your camera and microphone” error?
Here’s the second part of the error, “This lets you share photos, record videos, and preview effects”.
Followed by, “You can change this anytime in your device settings”.
You’ll then be given an “Open Settings” option where you can change your settings.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix “Allow Instagram to access your camera and microphone” on Instagram for iPhone and Android devices.
Instagram is a photo and video sharing platform. It also allows users to share stories that needed a Camera and Microphone to create. Most users allow all the permissions once using it for the first time but some users don’t give all permission to apps.
However, some users are getting an error message stating, “Allow Instagram to access your camera and microphone” even after giving all the permissions. We also faced the same problem but were able to resolve it.
So, if you are also one of those who are getting the same error on your account, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to fix it.
Why can’t I access my camera and microphone on Instagram?
You can’t access your camera and microphone on Instagram because you didn’t allow Instagram to have access to them.
If you’re using an iPhone, you can allow Instagram to access your camera and microphone by opening the Settings app.
After you’ve opened the Settings app, scroll down, select “Instagram”, and enable “Microphone” and “Camera”.
Lastly, force close the Instagram app and re-open it.
However, if you’re still experiencing the “Allow Instagram to access your camera and microphone” error, it means that it’s a bug or a glitch.
In some cases, the bug/glitch might be caused by the latest Instagram update.
If that’s the case, Instagram will release a follow-up update to fix it.
As of 14 September 2022, many users are experiencing issues with their cameras and microphones on Instagram.
“So glad to see others having the same problem. I thought I was the only one”.
“All of my permissions are enabled, but the app is still not working”.
Although they’ve given Instagram access to them, the pop-up still appears.
Because of this, they are unable to use the stories feature or post pictures.
If you’re facing the same issue, you’re not the only one.
How to fix “Allow Instagram to access your camera and microphone”
Users have reported that while using or navigating the features on the Instagram app, they are getting “Allow Instagram to Access Your Camera and Microphone” with a Continue button. In this article, we have added the steps to fix the problem.
How to fix “Allow Instagram to access your camera and microphone” (5 methods):
- Allow camera and microphone access: Open the Settings app > Instagram > Microphone/Camera > Enable.
- Download an older version of Instagram (for Android devices): https://instagram.en.uptodown.com/android/versions.
- Uninstall and reinstall Instagram.
- Update Instagram to the latest version (if you’ve already done so, you need to wait for another update).
- Wait for 24 to 48 hours.
The first step that you should do is to check if Instagram is down.
To do so, you can go to DownDetector.com/status/instagram or search for “Instagram down” on Twitter.
If there is a spike in the graph on DownDectector, it means that the app is probably down for everyone.
If you’re getting the error message even though you’ve allowed camera and microphone access for Instagram, it means that it’s a bug/glitch.
Bugs and glitches happen all the time on Instagram.
Sometimes, an update will introduce bugs to the app.
If that’s the case, Instagram will release a follow-up update to fix those bugs.
If you’ve already updated the app to the latest version, you need to wait for a new update.
It’s almost certain that it’s a bug if you enabled camera and microphone access but you’re still getting the pop-up message.
On September 14, 2022, many users are unable to use the story feature or post pictures on the app because of the “Allow Instagram to access your camera and microphone” error.
This is a known bug on the app and Instagram is working on a fix for it.
The very first method you can try to fix the problem is by giving the necessary permissions (in our case, give camera and microphone permission to the Instagram app). Here’s how you can enable the permission.
1. Open the Settings app on your device.
2. Go to Apps and then Manage Apps.
3. Tap on Instagram from the list of the installed app then click on App Permissions.
4. Click on Camera and Microphone one by one and select Allow to enable the permission.
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Scroll down and tap on Instagram.
3. Turn on the toggle next to the Camera and Microphone.
Force Stop the App
Another way to fix the issue is by force-stopping the Instagram application. Below are the steps by which you can force-stop the Instagram app.
1. Open the Settings app on your Android phone.
2. Navigate to Apps >> Manage Apps or All Apps.
3. Tap on Instagram from the list of installed apps to open App Info.
4. Alternatively, press and hold the Instagram app icon then tap on the ‘i’ icon to open App Info.
5. Now, tap on the Force Stop option.
6. Wait for a few seconds then reopen the Instagram app.
1. On the home screen of the iPhone, Swipe up from the bottom and hold.
2. Swipe up the Instagram app window to remove it.
3. Reopen the app and check whether it’s working properly or not.
Update Instagram App
Another way to fix the problem is by updating the Instagram app as updates come with bug fixes and improvements. Here’s how you can update the Instagram app on your phone.
1. Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your device.
2. Search for Instagram in the search box.
3. Click on the Update button to download the latest version.
Conclusion: Allow Instagram to Access Your Camera And Microphone
So, these are the ways by which you can fix the problem of “Allow Instagram to Access Your Camera And Microphone”. If the article helped you in resolving the error, share it with your friends and family.